The Glenview Hotel dates back to 1914 when it originally opened as a cottage, hunting lodge and guesthouse with five bedrooms and was part of the Powerscourt Estate.
The house was purchased by The McCarthy family business in 1919, who added bedrooms and a function room. The hotel belonged to the McCarthy's for the next six decades, gaining a reputation for excellent food and service.
The Patrick family acquired the Hotel in 1978 and further developed the Hotel until the Stafford Investment Company purchased the Hotel in 1992.
Although the changes throughout the early years were dramatic it is in the last eleven years that the most important changes have taken place. It has grown from a 42 bedroom hotel to 70 bedrooms with the magnificent Penthouse Suite. The new award-winning Woodlands Restaurant and function suite, now called The Glenview Suite was added, together with a five star Leisure Club and treatment suites.
The Hotel is now back in private Irish Family Ownership since 2006 and is widely recognised as one of the finest Hotel and Leisure Clubs in County Wicklow.
The hotel has welcomed many national and international politicians, actors, musicians and sporting celebrities over the years.